Manufacturers Modernisation Fund (MMF)
The new Labor Government is currently reviewing the funding allocations made by the prior Government under this program and many others with a view of redirecting funds into their newly announced $15b National Infrastructure program. Further news will be made available after the October budget.
What do you get?
Co-funding grants of between $100,000 and $1 million, up to 25 per cent of eligible project expenditure.
Who is this for?
- buying, constructing, installing, or commissioning of manufacturing plant and equipment
- integrating production-related software that is directly related to your capital investment.
- relevant training and skills development to assist you to integrate the new technology into your business, including upskilling and accreditation in advanced processes.
- process design and engineering directly related to your capital investment.
- fit-out, alterations, and/or extensions to buildings directly related to your capital investment.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be non-tax exempt
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- an entity incorporated in Australia, including start-ups, and a trading corporation where your trading activities:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of your overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of your corporation.
You must also be:
- a manufacturing small and medium-sized Australian enterprise (SME) with up to 199 employees (headcount)
- have a minimum of $400,000 in eligible project expenditure
- able to identify the level of Australian job creation expected from your project
- able to demonstrate your project aligns with one or more of the six National Manufacturing Priorities:
- resources technology and critical minerals processing
- food and beverage
- medical products
- recycling and clean energy
You must also be able to provide evidence that:
- the project is supported by your board
- you can complete the project
- you can meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding.
- adopt new or transformative manufacturing technologies
- deliver efficiency improvements
- increase jobs and a more highly skilled workforce in your business
- use design and engineering excellence
- create innovative and efficient business processes, to enhance the competitiveness of your business
- take advantage of a market opportunity in Australia and overseas
- align to AMGC’s strategic priorities
- a track record in managing similar projects
- access to personnel with the right skills and experience, including management and technical staff
- a solid plan to manage the project including scope, implementation methodology, timeframes, delivery risks, and budget access
- access to any required infrastructure, capital equipment, technology, intellectual property, and regulatory or other approvals.
- will help the project to proceed
- will have a positive impact on the size, scale, or timing of your project
- co-contribution and additional benefits to the project and business
MMF Round 2 list of recipients can be found here: https://www.business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/manufacturing-modernisation-fund/grant-recipients
Eligibility criteria link: https://business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/manufacturing-modernisation-fund