Export Market Development Grants
The Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) scheme offers reimbursements of up to 50 percent of eligible export promotion expenses above $5000, including trade shows, digital advertising, and marketing consultant fees.
Round 2 is now to open for a Limited 6 week window:
Opening: 6th July, 2022
Closing: 17th August, 2022
Ready to Export
- First time exporters
- 2 year agreement and maximum of $15,000 per financial year.
- Expanding export promotional activities
- 3 year agreement and maximum of $24,000 per financial year.
Expanding & Strategic Shift
- Expanding export promotional activities and making a strategic shift, for example targeting a new market or a new type of customer
- 3 year agreement and maximum of $36,000 per financial year.
The EMDG grant is provided for expenses in one or more of the following categories, as detailed in the EMDG Guidelines
- maintaining a representative in a foreign country
- short trips to a foreign country
- engaging a consultant to undertake research or promotional activities
- short trips within Australia
- foreign buyer visits
- soliciting for business in a foreign country
- providing free samples
- producing and providing promotional and advertising material
- intellectual property rights
- if you are a Tier 1 applicant, obtaining export readiness training.
The New EMDG
From the FY2021/22 year onwards, the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) is now reoriented from a reimbursement program claimed in the year after the eligible expenditure has been incurred, to a pre-approved grant agreement based on your export market plan.
This will give eligible exporters funding certainty before they embark on their marketing and promotion activities.
Round Two | FY22/23Eligible SMEs will be able to apply and get approval up front, giving certainty of funding and confidence to commit to marketing activities.
If you would like to discuss your Export Market Development Grant eligibility, please do not hesitate to give us a call at TCF Services