TCF handles a lot of personal information due to the nature of our business. As such, it is our utmost priority to ensure any personal information collected and stored in a secure manner, and only accessible to people who require the information for fulfillment of the service we provide.
What information does TCF collect?
TCF collects only the information necessary to carry out our duties to you as a client. Depending on the purpose of our relationship, TCF may collect:
- Information used to identify you, including your name, date of birth, and gender.
- Information used to contact you, including phone numbers, mailing and physical address, and email address. We may also use your mobile number to help us identify you in the case of two factor identification. See below for more.
- Information necessary to complete applications relating to various Government grants, schemes and incentives (including but not limited to R&D Tax Incentive tax schedule) or other service, this can include Tax File Numbers*, ABNs, ACNs, financial information including annual payment summaries and previous tax returns. Please note this list is not exhaustive.
Who does TCF collect information about?
TCF generally collects and hold information about:
- Individuals associated with client businesses
Tax File Numbers (TFN)
As a TFN Recipient under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy (Tax File Number) Rule 2015, TCF is subject to collection, storage, use, and disclosure requirements concerning TFNs. Be assured that TCF does not disclose your TFN to any third parties without your consent.
Storage of information
Due to the sensitive nature of this information, TCF has taken extensive steps to ensure the security of our data.
Below is an outline of some of the steps taken to secure your data:
- Physical client records on active files are kept and those records are secured in areas where employees have access
- No client information is stored on our premises except for information currently being used or archived information.
- All client information is stored either in our servers located in Australia, with an external cloud based back up also located in Australia.
- Any physical information that is no longer needed is dealt with as follows:
- If it is an original document, it will be stored at our office and you will be notified to collect it.
- If it is not an original document, it will be disposed of securely. – taken of site in secure bins and shredded.
- We will, in some cases, scan and save your documents to our secure filing system. We will do this in cases where we need to refer back to the documents for preparation of a later job.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide advice and services to you including the preparation of documents for submission to Government departments on your behalf, to issue invoices and to maintain our database of clients.
TCF Services may also use your personal contact information (name, e-mail and postal address) in order to communicate with you about developments relevant to your industry, to keep you informed of TCF Services news and invite you to our company events.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you can request to opt-out at any time by either following the opt-out instructions in each communication or by contacting the Gerry Frittmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where a position of employment at TCF Services becomes available, we may advertise for prospective employees to submit an application to us for assessment of their candidacy. TCF Services may use the personal information supplied by a prospective employee to assess their application.
TCF Services will only use collected personal or sensitive information for the purpose for which it was collected and will not disclose your personal information to any other person or entity, whether in Australia or overseas, except where required by law.
Does TCF disclose my information to third parties?
TCF will only disclose your information to third parties in limited circumstances where required by law or where you have consented to such disclosure (either explicitly or implicitly) for the purposes of providing services to you. As of writing, your information will only be disclosed to the following:
- R&D Capital Partners Pty Ltd – Similarly, names, business names, related entities, income bracket and other financial information will be available to R&D Capital Partners Pty Ltd. R&D Capital is the sister company of TCF that offers tailored financial services to our clients in direct connection with the services sought from TCF. They may have access to your personal data for the provision of financial services. Be assured that access to this data by R&D Capital is still controlled by TCF in the manner as set out in this policy.
- Other information may be disclosed to third parties with your consent (including your implied consent) if necessary to carry out services for you. For example, your tax accountant or other advisors who require information from us or other service we provide. If one of these organisations requests your information and you have not given your consent before, we will contact you before any other action is taken.
Accuracy of Your Information
TCF Services will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate. In the event that your personal information changes, we request that you notify us as soon as practicable so that all necessary changes can be made to our records.
TCF Services has implemented various measures to ensure that your personal information is protected against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying or alteration. These include:
- Maintaining up-to-date computer security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorised access or “hacking”;
- Use of internal passwords, two factor email security and individual security levels to restrict access to our electronic files; and
- Security of our physical premises including offices and storage facilities. – office entry is via passcode and is alarmed when unattended
- Employment of IT and cyber security professionals
TCF Services are also bound by our professional obligations under Tax Agent Services Act 2009 including the Code of Professional Conduct and civil penalties provisions.
Access to your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your personal or sensitive information retained by TCF Services and to receive information on how it has been collected, used and disclosed, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. For example, if the requested information would reveal personal information about another individual, your request for access may be limited or denied. If your request for access is denied, TCF Services will notify you in writing of the reason for the denial.
To request access or to amend your personal information, please contact the Gerry Frittmann by email, or write to the Gerry Frittmann at the address below. TCF Services will respond within thirty (30) days of receipt of your written request.
TCF is a company which complies with the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme.
In the event that a data breach occurs which could put a TCF client or employee at risk of serious harm and TCF is not able to rectify the situation promptly then (as well as investigating the matter thoroughly and taking appropriate remedial action) TCF will notify the individual concerned and as soon as practical will also notify the Privacy Commissioner as required by the scheme.
TCF Services will respond to inquiries about its policies and practices relating to its handling of your personal information. Inquiries should be directed to the Gerry Frittmann using the contact information below. TCF Services will investigate all complaints and will respond within 30 days of receipt of a written inquiry. If the complaint is found to be justified, TCF Services will take appropriate measures to resolve it, including, if necessary, amending this Policy and its procedures.
TCF Services uses and maintains a website for facilitating communication between TCF Services and its customers and like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information. Cookies may be placed on your computer whenever you visit our site This allows the site to remember your computer and serves a number of purposes. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can choose whether or not to accept cookies via your browser's settings. You may also delete cookies from your device at any time.
Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or otherwise identify you personally. In our analytical reports, we may obtain other identifiers including public IP addresses, but this is for the purpose of identifying the number of unique visitors to our web sites and geographic origin of visitor trends, and is not used to identify individual visitors.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy or the handling of your personal information, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, or to request access to or update any information we have on file, please contact:
TCF Services Pty Ltd
PO Box 111
Rosebery NSW 1445
If any complaint or inquiry is not handled to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Postal Address: GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Toll free: 1300 363 992
Telephone: +612 9284 9749