Four new Federal & NSW based grants now available
Going Global Export Program | Jobs Plus Program
Listed below are four grants currently available for Federal and NSW based businesses. These grants are in line with the 6 national priority sectors previously announced by Government, including commercialising manufacturing, advanced renewable technology, going global export, and job creation.
- Advanced Manufacturing Commercialisation Fund
- Advancing Renewables Program
- Going Global Export Program
- Jobs Plus Program
Advanced Manufacturing Commercialisation Fund – AMGC – National
The Advanced Manufacturing Commercialisation Fund provides small to medium manufacturing enterprises with matched funding to commercialise new products and processes. Matched funding of between $100,000 and $1 million.
Applications close on 30 June 2022 or when funds are fully allocated.
The funding will soon be fully allocated, so you are encouraged to complete your application and submit it as soon as possible. This means funding will be allocated to where applications show:
- Significant job creation
- Manufacturing of innovative products in Australia
- Globally competitive products with export potential
- Sound business models with good value propositions
- Suitable finance arrangement to fund your portion of the project costs.
Funding is available for small-to-medium manufacturing enterprises undertaking projects that align with one or more of the six National Manufacturing Priorities:
- Food and Beverage
- Medical Products
- Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing
- Recycling and Clean Energy
The grant will cover up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Advancing Renewables Program – ARENA – National
Expressions of Interest are continually open for the Advancing Renewables Program. Matched funding of between $100,000 and $50 million is available.
The program provides businesses with funding or finance to develop renewable energy technologies.
It aims to fund projects that contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- Reduction in the cost of renewable energy
- Increase in the value delivered by renewable energy
- Improvement in technology readiness and commercial readiness of renewable energy
- Reduction in or removal of barriers to renewable energy uptake
- Increase in skills, capacity, and knowledge relevant to renewable energy.
Going Global Export Program – NSW only
The 2021-22 NSW Going Global Export Program supports eligible NSW businesses to reach new customers in new international markets. It supports businesses in the following sectors:
- Food and Beverage, Agri-Food, Processed Food
- Health and Medtech
The program provides export coaching, tailored workshops and business matching with international customers. It is suitable for those that are seeking global sales for the first time, as well as those currently exporting and looking to diversify into new markets. It offers participants:
- an understanding of market dynamics
- practical approaches for doing business in the target market
- opportunities to identify and engage with new customers in the target market
- opportunities for networking with global businesses and entrepreneurs
- opportunities for global promotion
- opportunities for peer interaction with the businesses in your cohort
The 2–6 month intensive engagement program has been developed to give businesses a richer understanding of preferred high growth export markets, tailored for specific industry-sectors
Jobs Plus Program – NSW only
The Jobs Plus Program is open until 30 June 2022 and new staff hires must start before 31 December 2022.
The program supports Australian and international businesses to start or expand their operations in NSW. Support is available to help reduce the costs and financial risks of growing a business or moving its operations to NSW.
To be eligible for the program, Australian businesses must currently employ at least 20 workers and overseas businesses must employ at least 80 workers.
Proponents seeking assistance through the program will be eligible for a variety of support levers based on the number of jobs created, including:
- Jobs Plus Concierge Service
- Payroll tax relief for up to 4 years for every new job created where a business has created at least 30 net new jobs
- Subsidised training package rebates
- Enabling infrastructure rebates
- Access to subsidised, short-term government accommodation and spaces
- Assistance with the NSW planning approvals.
All businesses must be able to create at least 30 net new full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs in NSW before 30 June 2024. Further conditions apply.
– Are these four new federal and NSW based grants relevant for your business? –
Contact TCF today for a consultation
Ryan can assist with services such as:
- Scope your potential to claim various grant programs
- Assist with the preparation and lodgement of grant applications
- Review or provide a health check on your internally prepared grant applications
- Establish record-keeping practices as required under various grant programs
- Provide prepayment loans against future cash refunds under the R&D Tax Incentive
- Keeping industry informed on all new Government policy and grant initiatives
Don’t hesitate to give us a call.