State Government programs supporting innovation:
NEW SOUTH WALES
Jobs for NSW offer co-funding competitive grant programs for NSW urban and regional companies for the development of commercial products, processes or services. These programs are:
– Minimum Viable Product grant (MVP)
– Building Partnerships Program (BPP)
– Regional Solutions grant
– Accelerating Growth Loans
– Gazelle Loan Guarantees
– Advance Queensland programs, notably:
– Ignite Ideas Fund – a co-funding program for proof of concept/proof of market.
– Hot DesQ – startup relocation
– Industry Accelerator Program
– Innovation Partnerships for collaborative research projects
– Commercialisation Partnership Program
– Business Development Fund – $40m co-investment program
– Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
– Regional Innovation Hubs
Future Industries Fund supports projects that create new jobs and stimulate industry investment with competitive grant schemes under:
– The Manufacturing Program
– The Sector Growth Program and the
– New Energy Jobs Fund.
LaunchVic offers a Startup Infrastructure Funding Program
Local Industry Fund for Transition to support workers and businesses affected by the closure of large scale passenger manufacturing.
Export Market Development grants (EMDG) provide annual cash rebates to small and medium-sized export businesses with a turnover of less than $50 million. Whether you’re exporting locally or internationally made products, services or intellectual property rights, you are able to apply for the benefits. There are cash rebates available up to 50% (to a maximum of $150,000) for eligible expenses incurred above $5,000.
The following categories of expenditure apply:
Overseas marketing representative costs
Market research consultant costs
Product sample costs
Export oriented trade show costs
Advertising, PR and general promotional material costs
International IP registration costs
The new Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Program offers support to businesses through four elements:
1/ Business Evaluations – a free assessment conducted at the customers business’ premises for up to 6 days over a 2 month period, resulting in a detailed report and recommendations for the business to make improvements. Must be in one of the five growth* sectors and have a turnover of at least $1.5M to $100M in one of the last two financial years.
2/ Business Growth Grants – small, co funded grants of up to $20,000 to engage external expertise to assist businesses with implementing improvements recommended by their Business Evaluation. Must be in one of the five growth sectors* and have a turnover of at least $1.5M to $100M in one of the last two financial years.
3/ Innovation Connections – a facilitation service providing expert advice and solutions for business to knowledge related issues and a brokering service to link businesses with appropriate knowledge providers and research organisations. This may include a matched funding grant of up to $50,000 payable in arrears that assists direct access to research capability. Must be in one of the five growth sectors* and have a turnover or operating expenditure in the current or one of the two previous financial years:
– between $1.5M and $100M or
– between $750K & $100M for applicants from remote Australia or Northern Australia.
* Advanced Manufacturing; Food and Agribusiness; Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals; Mining Equipment, Technology and Services; and Oil, Gas and Energy Resources.
4/ Accelerating Commercialisation – offers matching grants of up to $1m of eligible project expenditure to assist in the commercialisation of novel products, processes and services for a maximum project period of two years. Must have a combined turnover of less than $20M for each of the three financial years prior to lodgement of an application.